Need to know what fishing is good when you will be in town?
- September – November – Steelhead fishing on the Deschutes or Klickitat Rivers
- Sturgeon fishing (catch and release – Year round/ catch and keep – varies)
- Walleye fishing (Columbia River) – Year round
- Trout Fishing – Year Round check here for stocked ponds
- April – October – Smallmouth bass fishing (Columbia River)
- April – October – Salmon fishing in the Columbia River
- June – early July- Shad Fishing on the Columbia River below the John Day Dam
- June-September – Northern Pike Minnow Sport Reward Fishing
After You’ve Reeled In The Big One
After a long day on the river, anglers can swap tales about ‘the big one that got away’ at one of The Dalles’ popular drinking holes, such as Zim’s Brau Haus, Route 30 Bottles & Brews, Freebridge Brewing, Sedition Brewing Co, Bargeway Pub, Baldwin Saloon, Clock Tower Ales and River Tap. Wine-lovers can head over to Sunshine Mill, Tierra de Lobos, Jacob Williams, or Gorge Wine Library for a post-adventure toast.