The Dalles Area Chamber of Commerce was so sad that we had to postpone the Northwest Cherry Festival this year, and we know how important the cherry is to our region. We want to celebrate the cherry, but we need your help! We have been busy putting together a campaign that not only gets attention for your business but that gets the community involved. We have developed three opportunities for you to join in the fun. You may participate in one or all three. Please check all that you want to be a part of.
- The Great Cherry Hunt
- Hide your wooden cherry in your business and customers can hunt for it
- Once a customer finds the cherry, they take a picture (having them share it on social media is a bonus)
- The customer shows you their cherry picture, you then give them a sticker for participating and an entry form to be entered in a drawing for a basket full of local Cherry goodness and gift certificates to local businesses
- The Chamber will provide you the wooden cherry, entry forms, and stickers to hand out to participants
- We will collect the entry forms and do the drawing at the Chamber on July 31st
- The Chamber will provide you social media tiles to help promote the Cherry Hunt on Facebook and Instagram
- 30 spots available, so sign up now!!
- The Cherry Trail
- Create a special focused on the cherry (the special can be anything you can think of from a cherry drink, cherry dessert, cherry entrée, or a cherry product in your store if you don’t have cherry products you can just run a special exclusive to the cherry trail)
- The Chamber will have a list of all the cherry specials to encourage guests to complete the entire Cherry Trail
- We will promote The Cherry Trail through social media
- Window Decorating Contest
- Decorate your storefront or window to celebrate the cherry
- The public will vote for their favorite window and voting will last all month
- You must sign up by June 26th
- You must have your window decorated by July 1st
- The top 3 winners will get some extra advertising from the Chamber
- First place will get a prize basket
- For contest rules click here
It’s All About The Cherry is open to all businesses
- $20 for Chamber Members
- $40 for Non-members
- Fee includes being recognized on all chamber social media, including Facebook, Instagram, Eblasts, and the monthly chamber newsletter.
- You can participate in as many activities as you choose
- The Chamber will provide everything you need to participate (excluding window decorations)
- Help us make this event successful by promoting – It’s All About The Cherry on social media which helps us and gets your name out there
Please fill out the form below and let us know which activities you want to participate in!