Join The Chamber
404 West Second Street, The Dalles, OR 97058 · Phone 541-296-2231
Explore The Dalles
Art & Culture
Car Free Travel
Cycling in The Gorge
Fishing The Dalles
Sunsational Charm Trail
Cruise Ship Schedule
About The Chamber
Advertise With Us
Chamber Board of Directors
Member Benefits & Services
Join The Chamber
New Member Tips
2020 TDAC Legislative Priorities
OSCC 2020 Legislative Priorities
OSCC Legislative Report
Chamber Directory 2020-21
Support Local Restaurants
Explore The Dalles Gift Card
The Dalles Area Chamber of Commerce Presents
31st ANNUAL STARLIGHT PARADE “OH CHRISTMAS TREE”
Friday, November 27, 2020, 6:00 p.m.—9:00 p.m.
Application Deadline: Friday, November 20, 2020, 2:00 p.m. Non-Commercial/Non-Profit: $20.00 Commercial: $40.00
ALL PARTICIPANTS MUST BE REGISTERED-NO LATE ENTRIES WILL BE ALLOWED
Address Line 2
State / Province / Region
ZIP / Postal Code
Antigua and Barbuda
Bonaire, Sint Eustatius and Saba
Bosnia and Herzegovina
British Indian Ocean Territory
Central African Republic
Congo, Democratic Republic of the
Congo, Republic of the
French Southern Territories
Heard and McDonald Islands
Isle of Man
Lao People's Democratic Republic
Northern Mariana Islands
Palestine, State of
Papua New Guinea
Saint Kitts and Nevis
Saint Pierre and Miquelon
Saint Vincent and the Grenadines
Sao Tome and Principe
Svalbard and Jan Mayen Islands
Trinidad and Tobago
Turks and Caicos Islands
US Minor Outlying Islands
United Arab Emirates
Virgin Islands, British
Virgin Islands, U.S.
Wallis and Futuna
DESCRIPTION OF ENTRY FOR WEBSITE
(3-4 SHORT SENTENCES) what you write is what we will post on our website
LENTH OF ENTRY (IN FEET)
INCLUDING PULL VEHICLE
If you are entering a float measure the length from the front pickup bumper to the back of the trailer. If your entry includes several vehicles and you intend to park in single file total the length of the entry.
NO SANTAS ALLOWED IN PARADE.
(4:00 p.m.) CHECK-IN BEGINS:
Check-in is at Ted Walker Memorial Swimming Pool. A Kiwanis volunteer with a vest and clip board will give you your number. Place number so that people on either side of your float may see your number visibly.
(5:00 p.m.) JUDGING BEGINS:
Judging will take place at your assigned location.
(6:00 p.m.) PARADE BEGINS: FLOATS WILL BE REQUIRED TO REMAINED PARKED UNTIL 9:00 P.M.
Additional Rules Due to COVID
1. When assembling the float please be 6 or less from the maximum of two households. We suggest working in shifts and outdoors is the best, masks required.
2. While displaying the floats please be 6 or less (keeping social distance) from the maximum of two households, masks required.
3. While displaying the floats please stay with your float in your designated areas and not visit from float to float.
4. When disassembling your float please be 6 or less from the maximum of two households. We suggest working in shifts and outdoors is the best, masks required.
FLOATS WILL BE PARKED ON THE LEFT SIDE (HEADING WEST) OF 3RD ST. BETWEEN LIBERTY & MADISON.
Mail or Drop off Completed Form and Fee to: 404 W. 2nd St., The Dalles, OR 97058
Make checks payable to The Dalles Area Chamber of Commerce, Visa/MasterCard accepted.
Questions? Please email:
or call (541) 296-2231, www.thedalleschamber.com
I have read the Hold Harmless Agreement, Parade Rules & Regulations.
Hold Harmless Agreement
The undersigned does hereby agree to RELEASE, AND HOLD HARMLESS,
The Dalles Area Chamber of Commerce, their affiliates, employees, Boards of Directors, committees, event
organizers and volunteers, from any and all liability of any kind, any losses, claims, injury to persons or property (including without limitation wrongful death), actions or damages which I/We may suffer, and any such claims that may be asserted against The Dalles Area Chamber of Commerce, their affiliates, employees, Boards of Directors, committees, event organizers and volunteers by my participation in the Starlight Parade and any related activities, or arising from any act or omission by myself, my agents, or employees, or by reason of or related to myself or my use of any personal possessions or equipment as a participant in the Starlight Parade.
I further acknowledge the application of ORS 30.687 et. Seq., ACTIONS ARISING OUT OF EQUINE ACTIVITIES including but not limited to ORS 30.961 Limitations on liability; exceptions., to my participation in the Starlight Parade and acknowledge the limitation of liability which protects The Dalles Area Chamber of Commerce, their affiliates, employees, Board of Directors, committees, event organizers and volunteers, and limits their liability for injuries to persons and property that may arise from or be associated with the risks inherent in equine presence and use in the Starlight Parade. As a condition of my participation in the Starlight Parade, I hereby waive the right to bring an action against any of the sponsoring entities and event organizers named herein for any injury or death arising out of riding, driving, grooming or riding as a passenger in any equine driven form of transportation or upon an equine.
RULES GOVERNING PARADES
RULES GOVERNING PARADES
To ensure reasonable safety to life and property in the operation of parade floats, automobiles and similar conveyances within the city limits of The Dalles.
1. Material used in construction, decoration, etc. must be flame retardant. Materials such as straw or hay must
also be treated.
2. Where a person is within a float, such as the driver, there shall be no combustible material within five feet
of his exit way.
3. Motorized floats or floats pulled by a motorized vehicle or automobiles have to be equipped with a fire extinguisher with a classification, of at least 2A 10 8C (when a vehicle and trailer are connected as a single unit, one extinguisher will meet this requirement).
4. Any float using straw or other combustible material shall carry fire extinguishers as prescribed above.
5. No smoking is allowed on any float and no person shall cause or permit any open flame upon or within the area of any float.
6. Vehicles towing trailers must be equipped with a tow bar or coupling device of sufficient strength to hold the weight of the towed vehicle upon the street when operated.
7. Vehicles towing trailers shall be equipped with safety chains, connected to the towed and towing vehicles and to the tow bar to prevent the tow bar from dropping to the ground in the event the tow bar or coupling device Fail safety chains shall have no more slack then is necessary to permit proper turning.
8. A float may not exceed 40 feet in length and 13 1⁄2 feet in height.
9. Vehicles and floats shall stay in their assigned position until 9:00 p.m.
10. Operators of vehicles shall not have their vision obstructed. Persons riding on floats shall be located on the main part of the float and positioned so they will not obstruct the vision of the operator during transportation.
11. Persons shall remain on the unit to which they are assigned to the end of the parade.
12. The drinking, display or possession of alcoholic beverages or other intoxicant, or controlled substances is absolutely prohibited. City ordinances and state laws will be enforced.
13. The discharge of firearms, fireworks or other explosive devises is prohibited. Violators will be prosecuted.
Date Format: MM slash DD slash YYYY
NAME (Electronic Signature)
PROOF OF INSURANCE
(Assigned By Parade Staff)
Parade Entry Type
YES, I'M HUMAN
This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.
Scroll to top